Digital microscope and scanner
M8 from PreciPoint
M8 is a fully automated and digital transmitted light microscope with three different modes - microscope, slidescan and synthetic. It thus combines a variety of features in one handy device at an unmatched price/performance ratio.
Innovative software allows intuitive operation and optimizes the work flow.
|Transmitted light microscope and scanner incl. overview camera|
|1x - 350x zoom, no changing of objective necessary thanks to live stitching|
|Overview camera incl. bar code recognition|
|Supported objectives: 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x and 100x|
|Automated x-y stage for up to 2 slides (50 mm x 75 mm)|
|Automated z-axis with z stacking|
The M8 digital microscope boasts fully automatic control in combination with revolutionary easy-to-use software. The unique live stitching function provides images of 50 - 100 pictures at maximum objective resolution in just a few seconds.
M8 offers three different application modes.
- The microscope mode works just like a digital transmitted light microscope but features fully automated control.
- Both, the synthetic and scanner mode use live stitching. In synthetic mode, parts of the sample can be viewed at the maximum objective's resolution. Scanning mode allows the microscopic imaging and digitization of full slides.
M8 thus combines microscopy and scanning technology in one handy instrument.
The intuitive and user-friendly viewer software ViewPoint is already included. ViewPoint uses mouse and touch navigation and can process image formats of multiple microscope brands. M8 offers tools like annotation, measurement, counting, digital color filter, histogram-based color manipulation and more.
- Transmitted light microscope
- Overview camera incl. bar code recognition
- 1x - 350x zoom, no changing of objective necessary thanks to live stitching
- 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x and 100x
- Automated x-y stage for up to 2 slides (50 mm x 75 mm)
- Automated z-axis with z stacking
- Dimensions: h 45 cm x d 40 cm x w 30 cm; weight 25 kg
Computer and software
- We recommend: ASUS Zen AiO S, Windows 10
- USB 3.0 port
- Supported imaging formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, VMIC, HTML
- Annotation, measurement, image manipulation: CSV/XLS, VPA, FPF
- Software included
- Complete and partial scans or screen shots
- 15 mm x 15 mm, scan time: 7 min at 40x magnification
- Four different scan modes from quick scan to full z-stacking
- 20x, 0.5 NA: 0.32 µm/pixel
- 40x, 0.75 NA: 0.16 µm/pixel
- Remote and live access
The digital transmitted light microscope M8 is best suited for the analysis, digitization and scanning of dyed samples. It is mainly used in life science, medicine and education. Typical research areas are histology, anatomy, cytology, botany and many more.