VersaLab – Small but powerful
VersaLab is the smallest member of the Physical Properties Measurement System (PPMS) family. PPMS measure physical properties of samples at low temperatures with the possibility of a magnetic field.
Similar to the larger PPMS family members, VersaLab offers a full range of measurement options with magnetic, electric and thermal capabilities. Furthermore, it can be used with the recently introduced options dilatometry, Raman spectroscopy and optical inserts.
VersaLab provides an easy entry into the automated measurement world of Quantum Design systems. It also serves as back-up magnetometer to reduce the sample queue from a big and more valuable system without impairing speed and sensitivity.
VersaLab in a nutshell:
- Magnetic field range up to 3 T
- Temperature 50 to 400 K
- Cryogen free – no need for cryogenic liquids
- Needs only a 230 V electric power plug
- Software and measurement performance similar to the PPMS
- Ideal for students courses – several papers on students experiments are available here